Physician for the Gambia
Job Advertisement Bijilo Medical Centre-Hospital
Bijilo Medical Center (BMC) Bijilo Medical Centre (BMC) is a non-governmental hospital (20 beds) with a primary goal of providing affordable quality medical services to all inhabitants of The Gambia. Guided by our motto ”Care, Compassion, Commitment” and coordinated support, we envisage developing BMC into a multidisciplinary centre of excellence for Primary Healthcare, Continuing Training, and Clinical Research.
Job Title: Clinical Director
Start Date: Preferably: 1st September 2016 (to facilitate handing over)
Duration of contract: Negotiable, optimally two years, renewable
The Clinical Director will serve as the overall head of the hospital, supported by a well-trained administrative and clinical team. In addition to heading the main clinical duties, the Director will oversee the administration to clarify several issues including financial record keeping, hiring support team, ordering the necessary drugs and replacement of medical equipment.
- MD qualification
- Post-graduation clinical experience, preferably in multiple medical fields
- Interested in general practice management and administration
- Knowledge of / experience with managing tropical diseases is an added advantage
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Fluent spoken and written English
For detailed information contact Dr Musa Touray: