The list of member organisations can be found here.
The network identifies itself as a working and learning community which is open and integrative. Membership requires an organisation to participate in this collaborative process of exchange and learning and to take into account the principles of network cooperation as set out in the MMS mission statement.
Goals and Tasks of the Network
The goals of the network according to the MMS strategy are:
- strengthens networking and collaboration of Swiss organizations involved in international health cooperation,
- promotes the development and implementation of best practices among its member organizations by creating a platform for critical reflection of the work of these organizations and the knowledge base for international health cooperation,
- participates in raising the awareness of the Swiss public regarding global health issues and
- influences Swiss policy, in order to strengthen Switzerland’s commitment to the right to health internationally.
The Medicus Mundi Switzerland Network is an association governed by Swiss law. Medicus Mundi Switzerland aims for a broad membership base.
The network identifies itself as a working and learning community which is open and integrative. Membership requires an organisation to participates in this collaborative process of exchange and learning and to takes into account the principles of network cooperation as set out in the MMS mission statement.
The common definition of health for all and the contribution by members of the Medicus Mundi Switzerland network to achieving this goal is outlined in the "Health for All. A realistic goal" manifesto.
Principles of Cooperation in the Network
Network members promote the exchange of knowledge and experience and work together in a spirit of trust. With regard to the MMS common goal, they declare themselves in particular willing to
- provide transparent information about their own governing principles and activities;
- respect the work and working principles of the other organisations;
- engage in an open dialogue on key issues of international health practice and policy and participate in the development of common positions;
- actively participate in the network and its further development;
- fundamentally place common goals and connecting the principles above that which is potentially divisive.
Benefits of Membership
Shaping and supporting the network. A network thrives on the broad range and diversity of knowledge, experiences, and opinions of its members. Participation in a network is thus always simultaneously a matter of give and take.
Inclusion of New Member Organisations
Ordinary members are admitted to MMS at the annual meeting in accordance with the association's statutes. Applicants seeking membership must first apply in writing to the MMS president. The annual meeting takes place in spring of each year.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the MMS network of health for all, please contact us. Thank you very much!
Medicus Mundi Switzerland relies on the support and understanding of its individual members: as "extraordinary members" of the association. Individual member receive special information and are invited to MMS events.
For further information please contact:
René Stäheli, MMS President and Managing Director of FAIRMED
Tel. +41 (0) 31 311 77 97
Martin Leschhorn Strebel, MMS Managing Director
Tel. +41 (0) 61 383 18 10
Tansania 2015 (Photo: Martin Leschhorn/MMS)
We, the Network Medicus Mundi Switzerland, are giving us this strategy to strengthen affiliates and Switzerland as a whole in their commitment to the right to health worldwide. In line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, we underline that this can only succeed if health cooperation for all is tackled beyond the narrow boundaries of the health sector. Commitment to quality primary health care requires commitment to health in all policies and to the improving of the determinants of health.
- MMS Manifesto: Health for All within a Generation
- The Network Medicus Mundi Switzerland is publishing this manifesto to help achieve the right to health for all within a generation, to ensure compliance with Agenda 2030 here in Switzerland and to strengthen the shared principles of Swiss organisations and institutions active in international health cooperation to support them in their commitment to this goal.
- Order MMS Manifesto: Health for All within a Generation!